QUOTES ON WISDOM
For twitter posts, "*" marks quotes 140 characters or less
* "Learning sleeps and snores in libraries, but wisdom is everywhere, wide awake, on tiptoe."
~ Josh Billings
* "Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk."
~ Doug Larson
* "If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it."
* "Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men."
* "We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future."
~ George Bernard Shaw
"I am the wisest man in Athens because I know I don't know. I am only singularly ignorant. The rest of the citizens are twice ignorant. They think they know, but they still don't know."
* "A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind that startled us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
* "An honest man is always a child."
* "Authority without wisdom is like a heavy axe without an edge, fitter to bruise than polish."
~ Anne Bradstreet, poet Dede Aday MacDonald
* "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
~ Andre Gide
* "Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered through personal experience does not become a part of the moral tissue."
~ Edith Wharton
* "The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from God, that he might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom."
~ Kahlil Gibran, "The Visit of Wisdom"